Miami Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers
Did you know that more than 1,200 people are injured and more than fifteen people are killed in car accidents that involve a distracted driver every day?
There are three main types of distracted driving, which include:
Manual – taking your hands off the steering wheel
Visual – taking your eyes off the road
Cognitive – taking your mind off driving
These types of distractions include the following activities:
- Texting while Driving
- Talking while Driving
- Combing Hair or Putting on Make Up
- Reading Maps
- Adjusting the Radio or MP3 Player
- Talking with Passengers
SHOCKING FACTS ON DISTRACTED DRIVING
- In 2009, 5,474 people were killed in accident involving driver distraction, and an estimated 448,000 were injured according to NHTSA.
- 16% of fatal crashes in 2009 involved reports of distracted driving according to the NHTSA.
- The NHTSA reports 20% of injury crashes in 2009 involved reports of distracted driving.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that text messaging and driving creates an accident risk twenty-three times higher.
- Texting takes a driver’s eyes from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds.
- Teen drivers are more likely than other age groups to be involved in a fatal crash where distraction is reported.
- In 2009, 16% of teen drivers involved in a fatal crash were distracted according to a report published by the NHTSA.
The Miami distracted driving accident attorneys are experienced in distracted driving accident injury claims and will ensure the investigation is completed properly and thoroughly, insurance benefits are addressed, and that victims get the settlements they deserve.
Distracted driving accident victims can seek a settlement for the following damages:
- General pain and suffering
- Loss of life
- The pain and suffering caused by emotional distress
- Disruption in familial relationships
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Wrongful death
- Emotional distress
- Past, present, and future medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages, future earnings, and earning capacity
- General damages
The legal team of experienced accident attorneys will fight hard to get victims and their families the settlements they need and deserve. Call us today. Remember WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE.