Every car accident and personal injury case is different; therefore, the circumstances of your case will determine whether you should file a lawsuit for your car accident. While you should always speak to an attorney to get the official word if you have a case, there are a few factors you will want to consider before scheduling you consultation.
How to Determine if You Have a Case
Some indicators in a car accident tell a personal injury attorney whether or not you have a case. These issues include:
- You have a viable compensation claim that meets the standards of the courts. Meaning there is someone who was negligent, you were injured because of that negligence; therefore, you are entitled to a claim.
- You sustained injuries and damages in the car accident that will cost more than the cost of filing the lawsuit. That can include long-term medical costs, property damage, pain and suffering, physical therapy costs, hospital bills, funeral costs (if a death occurred), rehabilitative care or even excessive time off work.
- You experienced non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- You know who is responsible for the car accident and there is a person liable for your injuries. This could also include employers or multiple parties rather than just the driver.
- You did not have any injuries or conditions before the accident and the pain and suffering you are encountering now is directly related to the injuries you received from the car accident.
Professional Advice is Always Best
By consulting with a Miami Car Accident Attorney, you are not necessarily taking legal action against the other person.Instead, you are speaking with an experienced professional to see if you have a case. If you do have a case, then your car accident attorney will file the claim and start working to get you a fair and proper settlement.
But, a car accident attorney does more than just file your claim. He or she will also educate you on your rights, calculate your costs, and make sure you receive an adequate settlement for your losses.
Related Posts :